Personal Support Worker (PSW) Instructor
( yesterday )
4 ads online
Member since October 2018
Universal Care Academy is hiring a Personal Support Worker (PSW) instructor. The UCA Personal Support Worker program is designed to provide the skills and knowledge to accomplish the diverse responsibilities encountered on the job.
Suitable candidates must meet the following:
· Must have a Practical Nursing Diploma
· Must have a valid Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) license with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO).
· Minimum of 2 years of practical work experience working with PSWs.
· Demonstrated leadership skills including supervision, motivation, and facilitation
· Strong communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role
· Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students.
· Previous teaching experience is considered an asset.
· Provide quality delivery of assigned courses in accordance with course competencies, college and department standards.
· Plan, prepare and administer lessons, assignments and tests where applicable. Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
· Act as a mentor for students by developing action plans to assist students in achieving their goals.
· Provide evaluation, assessment and feedback to students
· Provide supervision and support to field placement students.
· Maintain records relating to student achievement, attendance and progress reports
· Perform other duties/participate in special projects as assigned. Stay informed about changes and innovations in the area of expertise.
· Manage the classroom to ensure a safe and effective learning environment
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply: Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.